Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update & Plans

Last week's Summer Squash Gratin was a smashing success! I didn't have any oregano, but used basil, parsley, and thyme in the sauce instead. I used my food processor for most of it: thick slicing disk for the zucchini, thin for the potatoes, and blade for bread crumbs and "sauce". The sauce had to be made in the little prep bowl portion of the processor. It turned out more like a pesto than a sauce.

On Monday we had taco salad with homemade salsa (using the cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapenos from the box). The salad used lettuce and cherry tomatoes from the box. We're almost out of tomatoes (ok, so I cheated and gave some away!)

Wednesday's dinner will be a reprise of Hazelnut & Chard Ravioli Salad Recipe.

A new box arrives on Thursday with the following:
Tomatoes
Carrots
Bell Pepper
Soicy Pepper (I think that's supposed to be "spicy")
Beets
Parsley
Swiss Chard

No comments:

Post a Comment